Welcome to the Westbrook School Department!
We look forward to meeting you and your children. Our schools provide a comprehensive program for all children in Kindergarten through Twelfth Grade as well as a public Pre Kindergarten Program co-sponsored with The Opportunity Alliance.
- To register students in any grade during the summer months (July 1 – August 15th), please contact the school department's Registrar at 207-854-0810 ext 2051. Her office is located at Westbrook High School.
- To transfer schools within Westbrook, please contact the school you are moving from to begin the transfer process.
- Beginning August 10, 2016, please register students at their assigned school by contacting the school secretary.
- Children must be five years old on or before October 15, 2017 to register for Kindergarten. GETTING READY FOR KINDERGARTEN
- Inquiries about the Westbrook School Department / Opportunity Alliance Pre-School should be directed to Linda Goyette of The Opportunity Alliance at (207) 553-5816.
Parents/Guardians must provide the following documents to register a child in the Westbrook Schools:
- Parent/Guardian Identification (Driver's License, State Identification, Passport)
- Child's Official Birth Certificate
- Child's Immunization Record
- 2 Documents verifying residence in Westbrook (I.e. closing document, real estate bill, rental agreement, utility bill, state assistance document, homeowners/renters insurance, vehicle registration)
If the student is transferring from another school in Maine, please inform the staff at that school that you are transferring to Westbrook. This will expedite our request for records. If you are moving from out of state, please provide the name, address, and telephone number of the school as well as the name of the principal or school secretary.
Please indicate if your child has an active Individual Educational Program (IEP) or a Section 504 plan at the time of registration.
For assistance with the registration process, please contact the school principal or the Department of Special Services at 207-854-0850.
The below is a checklist and required forms to register all students in grades Kindergarten through Twelfth Grade. Additional forms may be required at individual schools and may be obtained from school offices. You may download and print the forms, complete them, and return them to the school office (or district Registrar during the Summer months) when completed.